6th – 8th April 2020
Jeddah International Exhibition & Convention Center
The Secretary-General of the Union of Arab Chambers.
Holds a doctorate in economics (international trade).
• Holds a master's degree in regional economic development and new societies - Alexandria University
• Holds many diplomas and professional degrees from American universities: George Washington, Thunderbird, Arizona State, Louisiana State University, and the World Bank Institute, USA, Pennsylvania in areas related to business administration, trade, transportation, and logistics.
He held various positions including:
• Chairman of the Internal Trade Development Authority
Dean of the Faculty of International Transport and Logistics of the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport
• Executive Director of the Arab Institute for Trade and Commodity Exchanges
• Head of the Department of Marketing and International Business at the Arab Academy
• Vice-Dean of the College of Management and Head of the Training and Consulting Department of the Arab Academy.
• Work as a consultant and economic expert for many Arab and international bodies and organizations, ministries and government agencies
• Member of many boards of directors, and presented many research projects.
• Leaded work teams and participated in many studies, research and workshops in various fields of economics, supply chains, transport, logistics and investment with most international institutions such as the World Bank - European Union - Arab League - World Health Organization - International Chamber of Commerce - International Monetary Fund-
Chief Executive Officer - General Authority for Investment (GAFI)
Graduated in 1999 from Helwan University with B.Sc. in Major Foreign Trade – Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. In 2001 Diploma of Stock Exchange Market analysis, Faculty of Economics and Political Science Cairo University . Mohsen Adel started his professional career in the economic field in Egypt until he was appointed as the Vice Chairman of the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) from July 2017.
Since 2015 he held several posts as Representative of the Egyptian Exchange in Arab Federation of Exchanges, Member of the committee of amending law 159 for year 1981 as well as committee of its executive regulations, and Member of committee of amending the law of Leasing Finance. In July 2018, Mr. Mohsen was appointed as GAFI CEO, he oversees the regulatory role of GAFI for registering companies in Egypt in addition to promoting the investment opportunities, targeting the areas of business potential and attracting foreign direct investments to Egypt.
Mr. Mohsen has written numerous articles, participated in multiple interviews and has presented and lectured on his areas of expertise on many occasions.
Head of the African Federation for Construction Contractors' Associations
Bachelor of Engineering - Ain Shams University
• President of the African Union of Construction Contractors Organizations.
• Member of the Board of the Egyptian Federation for Construction and Building Contractors.
• Member of the Egyptian Kuwaiti Cooperation Council
• Member of the Saudi-Egyptian Business Council.
• Member of the General Assembly of the Holding Company for Construction and Development
• Member of the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Mining and Industrial Projects
• Member of the College of Engineering Council - Ain Shams University
• Member of the Board of Directors of Al Nasr Civil Works Company
• Member of the Board of Directors of Egypt Cables Company
• Former Deputy Minister of Housing
Secretary-General of the Arab Contractors Union
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering - Ain Shams University. • Bachelor of Higher Studies in Structural Engineering - University of Tripoli - Libya
• Bachelor of Laws - Cairo University for more than four years in the building and construction industry with officers in the field of project management, bidding and financial management, contracts for claims and dispute settlement through conciliation and arbitration.
• Consulting engineer in business administration and construction supervision at the Egyptian Engineers Syndicate
• Expert and arbitrator
Part-time lecturer on contracts, claims, arbitration and project management.
• Arbitrator at the London Institute of Arbitrators
• Member of the "Arab and African Arbitrators Association"
• Arbitrator in the "Commercial Arbitration Center for the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf"
• Member of the Egyptian Society for Friendly Dispute Resolution
• Member of the "Cairo Regional Center for International Commercial Arbitration".
Minister of Public Business Sector in Egypt
Hisham Anwar Hisham Tawfiq was sworn in before President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as Minister of Public Business
Hisham was a part-time board member of the Holding Company for Construction and Building for a period of three years, and he is still a member of it until now.
He also served as Chairman and CEO of Vantage Securities, Chairman of Cairo Solar - Cairo Solar Solar Solutions, and former Chairman of Arabia Online for Securities Trading, and former Adviser to the Minister at the Ministry of Finance.
Hisham is a former co-founder of EFG-Hermes, chief treasurer and capital markets specialist at APICORP, Arab Petroleum Investment Corporation, and former employee of Misr Iran Development Bank.
Hisham studied an MBA in Investment Management at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, majoring in Business at the American University in Cairo, and studied at Auc egypt and St. George College.
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks
He is a member of the "Compliance Alert" advisory board, and a member of the "ACAMS" advisory board. He is an active member of the Steering Committee of the Group of Trusted Risk Managers.
Wissam Fattouh worked as a systems analyst at the University of Beirut 1986 - 1989, and served as director of the Business Development Department in "Studies" Lebanon 1989-1991, and director of conference management, seminars, infrastructure and communications in the "Union of Arab Banks" 1990-2007
He holds the Order of Fattouh Magister in Business Administration and Management from the American University of Beirut 1986-1990 and a Bachelor of Science and Computer Science
The Chairman of the General Authority for Investment In Egypt
Counselor Mohamed Abdel-Wahab has held the position of Executive Vice President of the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones since August 2017, and he previously worked as a legal advisor to the Minister of Investment and International Cooperation since 2015.
He participated in amending a number of legislations governing the investment climate in Egypt, in the forefront of which is the investment law and its executive regulations, amendments to the capital market law and its executive regulations, amendments to the companies law, the restructuring law, protective reconciliation and bankruptcy, in addition to reviewing many international agreements and developing a system Establishing and amending companies in the Investor Services Center.
He also supervised the investment services sector, investment regions, and the technical secretariat of the Ministerial Committee for the Settlement of Investment Disputes.
Counselor Mohamed Abdel-Wahab holds a master’s degree in international law, a diploma in justice administration from the Netherlands, and represented Egypt on the United Nations' UNCITRAL Committee, and has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Suez Canal Economic Zone since 2018.
the President of The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
Presiding Officer of the African Union (ECOSOCC) .
Head of African Civil Society in the joint African European Partnership (JAES)
Africa, the Middle East, and the UN Dept. Director. INTERNATIONAL UNION OF LAWYERS
Steering Group Member of the International Partnership on Religion and Sustainable Development (PaRD).
The President of the Chamber of Commerce in Cairo
Chairman of the Emirati Business Council Abroad
Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan joined the UAE International Investors Council in November 2014, as Secretary General.
Mr. Al Jarwan started his career in Etisalat (Emirates Telecommunication Corporation) in 1988.
In 1996 he joined Thuraya Telecommunications Company.
In Thuraya, he served as the company’s Chief Commercial Officer, where he designed and executed the overall business strategy and managed the company’s commercial operations division worldwide.
He returned to Etisalat in 2006 to establish and lead the International Investments Division as Chief Executive Officer/ International Investments.
In 2011, he became the Chief Regional Officer leading Etisalat Operation in Asia Region.
Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan represented Etisalat as a board member in several of Etisalat’s international subsidiaries:
1. Thuraya Satellite Telecommunications Company,
2. Etisalat Misr,
3. Ivory Coast,
4. PTCL – Pakistan,
5. Etisalat Lanka,
6. Ufone - Pakistan,
7. Etisalat Afghanistan
8. Chairman of Etisalat Benin.
Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan Major Achievements are:
Launching Thuraya Mobile Satellite system commercially in 100 countries,
Securing the third GSM License in Egypt and an Acquisition of an existing third operator in Sri Lanka.
Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan has 30 years experience in Telecom, M&A and International Investments/ Trade and Business development.
He holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Administration from The University of Dayton-Ohio (USA) and a degree i
Chairman and partner in the Batterjee Group Holding Company
President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry
President of the National Assembly of Kenya
Businessman/member of the Saudi Economic Society
Minister of Trade and Industry of Benin
Minister of Economy in Chad
Minister of Trade and Economy, Saudi Arabia
Minister of Trade and Industry of Sudan